- 8.29MP, 1″ CMOS Sensor
- Up to UHD 4K30 Video Recording
- Mini-HDMI Output
- Integrated 15x Optical Zoom Lens
- Dual XLR and Mic/Line Audio Input
- 5-Axis Optical Image Stabilization
- Dual-Pixel CMOS Autofocus Feature
- Dual SD Relay and Simultaneous Recording
- DIG!C DV 6 Processor
- 3″ Touchscreen LCD, Tiltable Viewfinder
The Canon XA50 Professional UHD 4K Camcorder is a compact, lightweight camera featuring UHD 4K capture, a 1″ CMOS sensor, two XLR audio inputs, and one mini-HDMI output which fits right into the ENG category for documentary or journalism-style productions.
The XA50’s optics include an integrated 15x HD optical zoom and a nine-bladed circular iris for more natural highlights, and wide DR gamma support for low-light recording. The camera’s pro-style features include Dual Pixel and Contrast autofocus, fast- and slow-motion recording, full manual control, optical and electronic image stabilization, a 3″ touchscreen LCD, user-assignable buttons, infrared mode, and a DIG!C DV 6 image processor with high sensitivity and low noise. The XA50 also has display monitoring features such as zebra, color bars, and test tone and a built-in neutral density filter mechanism offering ND4, ND16, and ND64 options.